Sunday, May 20, 2007

Rosy Bolero

Yarn: Rosy Cotton 3 1/2 balls
Needles: Clover #3 crochet hook
Pattern:Japanese pattern (Joey's knit along)
Length:42cm(16.5")
Width:40cm(16")
Duration:4 days

This is my first time joining Joey's knit along.I like this bolero very much.It's very practical for me as I usually wear bolero in spring and summer.When getting the pattern,I can't wait to start it.
Thanks for Kally sharing the mirrored right front(since the pattern only shows the left front).I do save time to draw it by myself.However,the front pattern instruction isn't quite clear,which get me confused.Finally it was done by my intuition .


I don't crochet as chart B called for.I like bolero as a small, short and cute garment.My favorite length is around waist .Therefor I only crochet two round chain stitched and I don't like the sharp edging so don't decrease stitches ,either. You can see the upper pic, the edging is straight not sharp.

I like this rosy bolero very much. This is the first project gotten my full satisfaction.Since it turns out so well,I am crocheting the second one but making some little modificaions.After it is done,I will post some pics here .

5 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Tis is a lovely piece!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Lovely. I can never get my crochet to fit me right. By the way I tagged you if you want to do the 7 things about me tag. If not you don't have to.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Kim in NJ said...

This is gorgeous! I like the fine crochet, too, but I haven't yet had the courage to make a whole garment out of it. It looks great on you!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Rina said...

One of these days, I would love to start crocheting something small first and then advanced to garment. Your bolero is an inspiration to me.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Pax *knits said...

I love this pattern. I really idol from you because i want to crochet one for me but i am a beginner of crochet.

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home