Sunday, May 13, 2007

Dashing Gloves


Yarn:Brown Merino (100% wool) 1 1/2 ball
Needles:Clover #6 40cm+60cm circular
Pattern:Knitty:Spring 2007-Dashing
Duration:3 days


In Taiwan,I never saw this kind of mittens before.The first time when seeing it in Knitty,I was impressed by its cool and unique design.And also it is easier than those gloves which have to knit ten fingers .I decided to knit it for my best friend.She might love it,I guess.

But beyond my expectation,she thinks it looks weird and won't keep fingers warm.I feel a little sad.Dashing looks weird ?!?!It's cool instead,I think.Now that she doesn't like it,I decide to knit it for myself.

After reading the instructions,I can't figure out the thumb.Finally,I worte to the designer,Cheryl Niamath.She is so nice to tell me my problem and also guide me knitty Coffeeshop where I can post for help.If not her commends,I don't know what Coffeeshop is for.

Dashing is easy to knit but I made some modifications.I knit one cable repeat again after thumb hole.Though it really doesn't keep fingers warm,it does make wrist and palm warm and confortable and won't bother your fingers.I love it!

8 Comments:

Blogger Secret Knitter 2007 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

You did a great job on the fingerless gloves. I haven't made any of these yet (or even gloves with the fingers), but I've been thinking of making some though.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

I think those are very cool and practical. So cool and practical I am going to look up that pattern for myself. Very nice!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love these - I haven't knit Dashing but I did knit Fetching (also on Knitty) they are similar but Fetching doesn't have such a long wrist. They are great for when you need to use your fingers (ie when writing, knitting) but want to keep your wrists and hands warm.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Hi hi,

Found you !

Dashing is beautiful so is the yummy food on the table.

7:42 PM  
Blogger handknit168 said...

I have already got the crochet pattern from Joey. Thanks. Oh, it is great that you have the English knitting blog.

11:26 PM  
Blogger asfjh said...

I love fingerless gloves, I can't believe your friend doesn't like them! Maybe she just needs to try them out for a while. They are really practical. I come from Norway where there's tons of snow and cold - yet I often choose fingerless gloves over fingered ones because I need my fingers to do stuff!!

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am from Austria (skiing region). I love fingerless mittens and I have also knitted Dashing - a really great pattern.

They are really a great thing especially in autumn.
When your fingers are really cold (which will not happen easily with gauntlets), you can hide them in the upper opening of the mittens(I do not know how to explain it...)

Besides the really look cool. 8-)

Once you have tried them, you will fall in love. Give your friend a second chance ;-)

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home