Thursday, May 03, 2007

A Pirate Hat


Yarn:Bambi merino 50g 225m(246yds)/ball one ball blue 1/2 ball yellow , knitting with two strands
Needles:Clover#6 16"(40cm )circular Clover#6 24"+16"(60cm+40cm)circular(top of the hat)
Pattern: We Call Them Priates~*A priate hat for wintertime*


I saw this pirate hat online a while ago,but I never try color knitting then.So just appreciated it then forgot.Not long ago, one of my colleagues chatted with me that her son loved pirate pattern very much.
I soon recalled this pirate hat.After I showed her this hat online,she loved it ,too,and asked if I could teach her.


Lately,I am knitting my father's color-knitting vest and going to finish it.So why not give this hat a try!
Pirate pattern in ancient Chinese culture symbolizes jinx.Though young generation take it as a cool totem,still many old and traditional Taiwanese people won't accept it nowadays,such as my parents in law or maybe my parents I guess. However I love this pirate. It looks so unique and special,doesn't it?I want to knit it for my 4- year-old son . If my MIL thinks that's a direful pattern for kid,then I will keep it for myself.

Luckily,my conservative hubby likes this hat,too,which makes me have confidence to finish it.
The last step is to knit lining and then sew it to the inside of the hat.Knitting lining is easy for me but sewing .I am always not good in sewing .Any way,I've tried my best to make it look good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Annie I love your hat! I think it turned out really cool with that color combination. Very nice!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

123

1:52 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

123

2:23 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

123

3:12 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

123

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home