Monday, April 09, 2007

[ISE#4] Off the needles

I was done my ISE#4 scarf a few days ago,just waiting for good weather to photograph it.I don't tend to finish it early(then I will have to wait a while longer sending it off to my pal) but there are several in progress projects on my hands so I'd better get this scarf done first.
I do like how it turns out.Especially after bloking,the lace pattern looks incredibly gorgeous,flat and clear,not curled again as I was knitting.I guess I've fallen in love with this scarf.
For lace scarf,I prefer knitting two halves and then graft them together.Thus the pattern will be all upside from either front or back looking.

I am hoping my pal will like this scarf.

12 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Annie, the scarf is beautiful! There is no doubt that your pal will love it! Amy

10:45 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

That's a lovely scarf. I'm sure your pal will love it!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Kaydee said...

What a great scarf...I'd love it if I were your pal. And by the way, I love how you use those foam block pieces to to pin to for blocking. What a good idea!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Good point about knitting two halves and grafting - didn't even think about it, luckily I'm just about to end the first ball so I can still easily make adjustments!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

It's beautiful! Gorgeous color and lovely pattern -- well done!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

The scarf turned out beautifully! Your pal is very lucky

2:08 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What a beautiful scarf! I am sure that your pal is going to love it! What pattern did you use?

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM YUM BUBBLE GUM!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Your scarf is really lovely Annie. You should make one for yourself!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I had to come snoop from the ISE4 post. That scarf is just too beautiful, and I had to find the pattern. Gorgeous!

4:22 PM  
Blogger wakana said...

It is beautifully done! and I like the color, too. I am sure your pal will love it. Great job!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all:
Thank you for all your nice compliment.

To Shelley
This pattern is from Brooke's Column of Leaves Scarf ( http://www.islandofmisfitpatterns.com/2006/08/18/brookes-column-of-leaves-scarf/)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home