Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Pink Cardigan

I've been eyeing on this project for a period of time.I love it looks so feminine and can wear as cardigan or sweater(if you button the buttons).Moreover, the pattern changed to leaf (or flower) pattern in the edges of both front parts. This design makes the garment look not monotonous.That's also the main attraction to me!


After reading the pattern and intructions,it seemed not hard so I started to knit!!BUT....THAT'S NOT THE FACT!! Though it only apply ssk,sl k1 psso,and yo,it also have to make waist line.So I must pay much attention to decrease and increase sts and make sure the sts of each row right.Finally,I found out things was totally not what I imagined in the beginning...


Especially for the two front parts,that's the most complicated work.It combined with two different patterns and both of them had their own repeats that didn't match to each other's.So I had to knit two different patterns carefully and noticed when to decrease or increase sts for waist line ,arm hole and neckline. Without a clear brain,it is very easy to make mistakes and should re-knit it again.I did do this several times....poor me!!

2 Comments:

Blogger wakana said...

Hi Annie, I can finally come back to blogging --- Congratulations on your kureopatora's snake scarf --- isn't this fun to knit? I wish I had more time so that I can knit another one... I wear this every day!
Your new project seems very complicated... is this some japanese pattern?

7:21 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

to Wakana
Thanks for your visiting.Yes,this pattern is from 2006 冬号 Keito Dama.It is one of my favorite knitting books.

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home