Monday, January 22, 2007

Kureopatora's Snake Scarf












Someday , I was as usual browsing my knitting friend,Celia's blog, then accidently linking to w_design's blog , and found this Kureopatora's Snake Scarf.It caught my eyes immediately .W_design knitted this scarf with the gray yarn matching the pattern so well ,so I just couldn't movie my eyes from it and decieded to knit this unique scarf.













Thankfully,w_design shared the pattern, so I could easily got and knit it. The scarf was really like a snake .I was wondering if I chose a color close to snake, would it look a real snake around my neck?Terrible~I don't want that at all!!














So I picked this red yarns, it won't look so much like snake.This pattern was easy only includ Kf&b, ssk, and 1x1 rib.It casted on 30 sts and each row should keep 30 sts on both needles.But I didn't notice that the first stitch of each repeat I knitted was worng ,so finally the sts were getting less and less.When I sensed something wrong, it only had 23 sts left on both needles.In other words, I had to re-knit it........ almost done then....











This scrf was made from opposite trumpet shape.It was very interesting knitting it,just hardly stoping.Finally, I had re-knitted it and done it. It was really gorgeous and unique!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO sorry for not getting back to you sooner about my picot edge socks
http://designsbyblackdog.blogspot.com/2006/08/lornas-laces-one-hank-socks-thats.html

If you're still interested in making them please email me or leave a comment on my blog and I'll guide you through it.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home