Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My DD's First English Class

My daughter is gonna be second grade in elementary school after this summer vacation.In Taiwan most elementary schools start English class from the third grade.Therefore,I decide to let her learn English in cram school a year before school's.

Yesterday it was the first starting and it is just a try-out, which means students can regret if they don't like the teacher, classroom, or study atmosphere ,and etc.


The teacher is short yet lovely.She just taught" Good morning","Good afternoon","Good evening", "Good night" and then played some games.My DD seemed to like her and promised me she would attend this English class again. Though it is just an beginning and will be more pressure ahead of her in the future,anyway I am glad she likes her first English class.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Looks like she is paying very attention in class.

Glad that she enjoys her first English lesson. It will be much easier and less stress in her actual school lesson to come.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I'm glad she is enjoying the English so far. I'll be heading to South Korea in August to be an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher. It's always best to start off slow so they kids don't get overwhelmed and feel like they can't learn. Games are also a good way for the kids to learn - and they usually don't even realize they are learning!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home