Saturday, July 21, 2007

Blue Cardigan


Yarn: Sky Blue Cotton 4 balls
Pattern: 2006 summer Keitodama
Tools:Addi#5 16" and 24" circulars
Lengh:16"(after blocking)
Width:20"(after blocking)
Duration:5 weeks

I've done this blue cardigan for a while.The pattern is from a Japanese knitting magazine ,2006 summer Keitodama .It was orinigal designed to be a pullover but a cardigan is more practical for me so I modified it to a cardigan.That's the way it turns out.
This cardigan is a top-down work but raglan.After kniting deisred width to fit my shoulders, I start to devide sleeves and body.This is something kind of like raglan but won't have the 4 obvious increasing-stitches lines showed on the garment .I think I like this way more than reglan.
There are eight- stared patterns around shoulders in original design but my gauge is different from it so after recounting stitches,I only have to knit six stars.
Except the top pattern,there are only stockinette stitches knitted to body.It didn't take me much time and yarn to finish it since I prefer the length around my waist.
I also bead the hem.It is my first time trying to bead and is not fun at all because tedious beading takes me much time and slows down my speed.
It is done and looks good on me.Though the process is a bit tedious , the way it turns out is great.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Rina said...

It turned out fabulous! You changed it from raglan to cardigan really nicely.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

A very lovely piece of work, nice tension too.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Doreen said...

Your cardi looks very elegant and beautiful.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home