Sunday, April 11, 2010

Berets


Hats are always not my favorite objects. Since Taiwan is not so cold, especially I live in the southern Taiwan; most time here is considered warm. So hats are not so useful for me. But I knitted several hats for myself and my children before, which just because the beautiful pattern caught my eyes, not because we did need them.



So does these two berets. I never wore berets before and honestly, I didn't even know how to wear it when the first time seeing the sample beret in my knitting teacher's house. Again not needing them , I just wanted to have a beret so I gave it a try.


According to the sample beret, It was made of knitting wool. It was my first time to see knitting wool , which was thicker than average yarn. So I had to use crochet hook #8 to make it.



The pattern was easy. It only took me an afternoon to finish the first one, which was the knitting wool. The next day, I thought to try my two leftover Nero yarn. They beautiful color might show well in this beret. And it did.





Last winter, I put on the Nero beret more often than the knitting wool one. They both are cozy , warm and gorgeous. But I like variegated one more.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger SpinMeAYarn said...

lovely berets, lovely colours and you wear thm so well, I always have difficulty knowing how to wear a beret!
just found your blog,
liked th ephotos of your children with the heart shaped messages, cute idea.
regards
liz from Ireland

1:57 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love the beret - you did a great job, and it looks really good on you!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home