Monday, March 29, 2010

Kumquat

One day I happened to see a blog that introduced how to make sweet kumquats.We, Taiwanese, think sweet kumquats pouring with hot water can cure coughing. In addition, drinking hot sweet kumquat tea can make your body warm in cold winter days.I knew that but never did it before. Last week, I happened to see that blog.The sweet yellow kumquat color caught not only my eyes but also my heart. So I made up my mind to give it a try.

Kumquats are abounded from Jan. to Mar. . So they are almost not seen in market now.Just right before giving up looking for them in the market, I spotted a fruit stand selling the cut little yellow things. It was as if founding pirates' treasure in the secret mountain.So thrilled!

I didn't buy many( about 600g) since it was the first try. Wash them, dry them with kitchen paper and cut four lines on each one that makes juice come out. Then Put them in the pot with sugar, maltose and some water( you can use wine ,too). Cook and stir them for 20 mins. It was done! You can preserve them in a clean and dry glass bottle for 2-3 months in the refrigerator.

See the cooked sweet kumquats pouring with hot water looks so yummy. I can't wait to sip its sweet yet a bit sour flavors!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home