Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Purple Sweater


yarn: Purple wool 10 balls
Tool : addi#5 and addi#3 circular
Pattern : My own



This is my newly finished sweater. Actually, I started it since last Sep. but I promised my friend to knit him a sweater. He visited Taiwan last Jan. so I stopped this purple sweater to cast on his blue sweater. Until this Jan. after finishing his sweater,I picked up this purple one again but I knitted and then stopped a while. So only two sleeves ( front and back pieces had finished last year)spent me almost one and half months. Finial edge (neck line, wrist ,etc)also takes me about two weeks to finish. I am really not an efficient knitter.




About this pattern, I referred to my knitting book first and rewrite it with my own idea. So that's what you look now.The original pattern only showed the chest V pattern but my rewritten wrist edge and downside hem are horizontal pattern, which took me much time to rearrange the pattern. This is the hardest part of this pattern. After patterns are well rewritten, knitting went smoothly.

This purple yarn is lace yarn,very thin .I like it very much and can't take my eyes away from its beautiful purple color and soft touch. So what I can do is to knit it two strands. Even so I still use addi#5 to cast on. Maybe due to soft and thin lace yarn knitted with small size needle,this sweater turned out very delicate and exquisite. Though small needles really drove me crazy but it is really worth .






Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the purple sweater. What pattern did you use?
Ellen

5:37 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

The pattern was designed by me. Glade that you like it.
Annie

11:44 PM  
Blogger Rina said...

You kidding? I want to design a sweater at least once. WOW. You are my hero. Very nice.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Very Pretty! You are a good designer!

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home