Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blue Sweater


Yarn: Blue wool yarn 16 balls

Pattern: My own

Tool : addi#6 80cm,60cm,40cm addi#4 80cm

Length: 55cm

Width: 54cm

Sleef lengh: 57cm


This is a sweater for a friend of mine. It is also my NAC knitting homewok.While the first time I saw the pattern, it looked an uneasy project, many different patterns combining together. I felt a bit worry that I might not finish this complicated sweater before my friend comes to visit me on January . I started it at the beginning of last October so that I might could finish it in time.
This sweater was circle knitted under chest part,namely, under chest part, front and back pieces are circle knitting.Then knit back and front pieces separately from chest part ,and sew shoulder and then pick up stitches for sleeves.


It looks hard to knit but after knitting it, I am wrong! It is easy and fun to knit. After some raws,I can easily memorize the pattern, just followed the established pattern. Easy!
So now I am sure that I can finish it in time.



This sweater was just finished. I am so happy that this seemed never finished sweater finially to get off the needles.It is big and combines several different patterns and the colour is dark blue. That all makes the project tough for me.But now I am so happy and proud of myself. This project is really a challenge to myself (and also to my eyes!). It finally turns out so great. After finishing this sweater, I think I am a patient knitter now!


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful! I love the color.
I'm just finishing up my first sweater ever. It's for an 8 yr. old but it has felt like the never ending project.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The sweater looks awesome! You did a gret job on it! I haven't made any adult sized sweaters yet, just children and baby ones.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

it a beautiful sweater and it looks great with nice colour.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Beautiful sweater Annie! I have always wanted to knit a gansey. You did a great job

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home