Friday, May 15, 2009

Gauge

These are gauges of my new knitting. The new summer pullover would combine knitting and crocheting. So I need two gauges,crocheting and knitting ones. Egypt Cotton yarn is my choice because summer is coming.

This is the V neck crocheting. After the V neck stitches are decreased , this crocheting edge would be sewed to the V neck. Not only V neck but also short sleeves hem and bottom hem would be crocheted. So this is a project combining knitting and crocheting.


This is body part gauge.It is original from a pattern book . Though cotton is good for summer, sometimes it is still hot to put on cotton garment. So I hope my nwe summer knitting would have some eyelets to feel nice and cool but not so many small "holes" in my body.Hence I do some modifications, lessen the eyelets.As you can see, this gauge is very like stockin st except every 10 rows have to make eyelets. It is easy and fast to knit it. Now I've finished the back piece. Soon I could finish this project.



1 Comments:

Blogger Rina said...

I love the look of knitting and crochet combined. It's well worth doing the gauges both for knitting and crochet.

I kind of want to see the end result soon and it'll be a beautiful piece!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home