Saturday, September 08, 2007

Pink Pullover

Yarn: 100% pink cotton 7 balls
Tool : addi#5 24" and Clover#3 16" circulars
Length: 18"
Width:16"
Sleef Length:17"
Duration: about 2 monthes

This pullover is my knitting homework.(I learn knitting in my LYS). Actually, I didn't like this pattern much because it looks a bit old style ,but my knitting teacher insisted taht I must learn to knit this pattern.Well, she is the boss.

This time I had to knit sleeves so I decided to kint it for my daughter, which will cost me less money and take me less time to finish .However,thing is not as what I think.After counting the stitches, I was wrong.It is a middle size children garment instead of a small size one.Finally,it took me around 2 monthes and used up 7 balls to get it done.

I forgot teacher's reminding.She said for children under 10 years old.It must make button holes in the neck hem for children features big head but small body.So I ripped the neck hem out and made two button holes.

It is autumn now.When we go outsied in the night,this pullover is very suitable for keeping my daughter warm but hot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jan said...

Hi Annie, its good to be back. Your daughter's sweater is very pretty. It looks like a lot of work! About my sweater, a shell is a sleeveless summer top. It is something my mother would call a top, you don't hear it that much anymore! Congratulations on your new nephew. I hope the typhoon didn't cause you too much trouble!

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater on your daughter is very pretty even the buttons too. The texture seems to be a lot of work. Congratulations.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

No, this pattern looks great ! Not a bit of old fashion at all !

Love the button too.

It is better to knit it big as your girl will soon out-grown the sweater.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

Gorgeous!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home