Friday, September 28, 2007

Lace Scarf


Yarn: Tess' Designer Yarn color: Hibiscus
Pattern: TKA#21 Lace Scarf
Needle : Clover #5 24"circular
Length: 43"(after blocked)
Width: 7" (after blocked)
Duration: 3 weeks

I didn't used to wrap scarf in winter.However, last winter I got serious cough and saw many of my colleagues wearing scarves to keep their necks warm.I started to think this winter I might need a scarf,too.

Before I start to find a pattern, TKA#21 project is this lace scarf.I don't have to find a pattern myself. TKA do me a favor.How lucky I am! The lace yarn,Tess' Designer Yarns, I bought from the States is so fine. In Taiwan less lace yarns can be bought,not mention to hand-dyed lace yarns.I can't wait to try this new yarn.The colour is so gorgeous,but the lace yarn is easy to drop stitches and can't found wrong stitches easily. According to this experience,I don't think lace yarns are knitting-friendly

In Taiwan, winter is not so cold.A big ,thick scarf is not practical here.I prefer a light ,airy and soft small scarf to keep my neck warm ,and match my garments well.So I knitted 31 repeats , the length was only 43".It came out just what I need. Great!!

Being that the lace yarn is so fine, I knitted garter stitches for the hems and blocked it;however,the two side edges are still curled.Maybe next time I should try to knit with two strands . It might turn out better than one strand does.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a kick out of lace knitting every single time because the beauty of it every time I blocked.

The yarn is gorgeous coral color. Awesome FO.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I love it.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home